There’s something about red nails that screams confidence and power. However, when it comes to applying your own nail polish…do you know how? We found this great tutorial on how to apply nail polish perfectly and would like to share it with you.
1) Start off with a clean nail, making sure the surface is free of any nail polish and oil.
2) Apply a base coat or ridge filler to prevent staining and chipping. Let it dry.
3) Place a drop of nail polish above the center of the nail, slightly above the cuticle.
4) Carefully push the drop towards the cuticle, leaving just a small gap.
5) Now move your brush upwards making a straight line till the end of the nail.
6) Go back to the base of the nail and swipe the polish along the curve of the nail.
7) Keep dragging the polish until the whole side of the nail is covered.
8) Repeat step 6, but do this on the other side of the nail.
9) Repeat step 7, but do this on the other side of the nail.
10) If necessary apply a 2nd or 3rd coat. Finish with a (quick drying) top coat.
There you have it…perfectly applied nail polish. In terms of what base coat, ridge filler, polish, top coat, etc…to apply…don’t be shy and stop by the salon. One of our beauty experts will happily help you choose the perfect product for your nails.
Looking for more tips?
1. How to dry your nail polish quickly: After you’ve applied your nail polish, wait for two minutes and then submerge your nails in icy water for about three minutes. That’s it.
2. How to apply a smoother application of nail polish: Place your nail polish in the fridge at least 15 minutes before you use it for a smooth look.
3. How to care for your nails: In a few steps you can take care of your nails. First remove all polish. Then trim and file it. Followed by buffing and smoothing. Next, wash and moisturize and end with wiping your nails and apply protein.
Once again, if you have any questions on what are the best products for your nails, stop on it and we’ll help you find the perfect product and tool for you.